Azure Fundamentals exam Az-900 is one of the most popular exam in the Azure world. Most of the developers who are new to azure and thinking of starting their journey or already working for sometimes in azure are aiming for this exam.
Microsoft certifies that its Azure Fundamentals certified applicants should have a clear knowledge of cloud services and how Microsoft Azure delivers those services. This credential is intended for candidates who are only starting to work or are new to Azure with cloud-based solutions and services.
Certification for Azure Fundamentals is an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge of cloud concepts, Azure services, Azure workloads, Azure security and privacy, as well as pricing and support for Azure. Candidates should know the general concepts of technology, including networking, storage, computation, application support, and application creation concepts.
Azure Fundamentals can be used to train for other Azure role-based or specialty certifications, but for all of them, this is not a requirement.
Why should I take the Fundamentals of Azure?
Azure basics give you everything you need to get started, whether you’re just starting to work with the cloud or you already have cloud experience and are new to Azure.
Azure Basics has something for you, no matter your goals. If you take the Azure fundamentals:
- Have a general interest in the Cloud or Azure.
- You want to earn Microsoft’s official certification.
Exam outlines for AZ-900
This credential is somewhat similar to the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification and is specifically intended for applicants seeking to demonstrate knowledge of cloud technology at the basic level and how Microsoft Azure platforms deliver such services.
Six information domain areas are included in this exam:
|AZ-900 Domain Area
|Describe cloud concepts
|Describe core Azure services
|Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure
|Describe general security and network security features
|Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features
|Describe Azure cost management and Service Level Agreements
Describe Principles for Cloud (20-25 percent )
Identify the advantages of using cloud services and its considerations
- Identify cloud computing advantages, such as high availability, scalability, elasticity, agility and Recovery from Disasters
- Describe the disparities between Capital Expenditure (CapEx) and Operating Expenditure Spending (OpEx)
- Define the model based on consumption
Describe the variations between cloud service categories
- Describe the shared responsibility model
- describe Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS),
- describe Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- describe server less computing
- describe Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- identify a service type based on a use case
Identify the distinctions between forms of cloud computing
- Cloud computing concept
- Public Cloud Overview
- Private Cloud Overview
- Describe the Cloud Hybrid
- Comparison and comparison of the three types of cloud computing
Describe Core Azure Services (15-20%)
- Describe the architectural components of the heart Azure
- Describe the advantages of Regions and Region Pairs and their use
- Describe the advantages of Availability Zones and their use
- Describe the advantages and use of Groups of Resources
- Describe the advantages of subscriptions and their use.
- Describe the advantages and use of Executive Groups
- Describe the advantages of Azure Resource Manager and its use
Describe the available core resources in Azure
- Describe the advantages and use of virtual machines, Azure App Services, Azure App Services, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Container Instances (ACI), and Windows Virtual Desktop Instances
- Definition of Virtual Networks, VPN Gateway, Virtual Network peering, and Express Route benefits and use
- Describe the advantages and use of storage for containers (Blob), disk storage, file storage, and storage levels
- The benefits and uses of Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure MySQL Database, Azure PostgreSQL Database, and SQL Managed Instance are defined.
- Describe the advantages of the Azure Marketplace and its application
Describe core solutions and Azure leadership tools (10-15 percent )
- Describe the key solutions in Azure accessible
- Describe the advantages and use of the Hub, IoT Core, and Azure Sphere Internet of Things (IoT)
- Describe the advantages and use of Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, and HDInsight
- Describe the advantages and uses of Azure Machine Learning, Azure Bot Service and Cognitive Resources
- Describe the advantages and use of Azure Functions and Logic Apps for serverless computing solutions
- Azure DevOps, GitHub, GitHub Behavior, and Azure DevTest Labs benefits and use are listed.
- Describe general functionalities for security and network security (10-15 percent )
- Describe the security features of Azure
- Describe basic Azure Security Center features, including compliance with policies, security warnings, safe score, and hygiene of resources
- Explain Main Vault features and use
- Describe the use and functionality of Azure Sentinel
Describe features for identification, governance, privacy, and enforcement (20-
- Explain the distinction between authorization and authentication
- Description of Azure Active Directory
- Describe Azure Active Directory features and use
- describe the functionality and usage of tags, resource locks, Azure policy, RBAC
Describe the Service Level Agreements and Azure cost control (10-15 percent)
- Identify variables that can impact expenses (resource types, services, locations, ingress and egress traffic)
- Identify variables that can minimize costs (reserved instances, reserved capacity, hybrid use benefit, spot pricing)
- Describe the aim of a Service Level Agreement with Azure (SLA)
- ·Describes actions that can influence a SLA (i.e. Availability Zones)
- Describe the lifecycle of services in Azure (Public Preview and General Availability)
You’ll be able to: After completing this learning course,
- Know the benefits of Azure cloud computing and how it can save you time and money.
- Explain cloud principles such as high usability, scalability, elasticity, agility, and recovery from disasters
- Describe main components of the Azure architecture, such as subscriptions, management groups, resources and groups of resources
- Summarize definitions of regional distribution such as Azure regions, pairs of regions, and areas of availability.
Deepak Goyal is certified Azure Cloud Solution Architect. He is having around decade and half experience in designing, developing and managing enterprise cloud solutions. He is also Big data certified professional and passionate cloud advocate.